1. Thomas (8 Aug 1658 - 1719 South Kingstown, RI) on 26 May 1702 married Lydia WILCO) (1679 - 1756), dau of Daniel and Elizabeth (COOKE) WILCOX, and farmed in South Kingstown. Children were Josiah; Daniel; Ruth; George; Benjamin; and Susannah. After he died, Widow Lydia married (2) Thomas POTTER, Sr.
2. William (3 Oct 1659 - Apr 1749 Dartmouth, MA) on 12 May 1681 married (1) Martha WILBUR (1662 - bef. 1749), dau of William and Martha WILBUR. William was a weaver and farmer. Children included William; Thomas; Eleanor; Mary; Elizabeth; Peleg; Benjamin; Mary; Sarah; and Hannah. William married (2) on 26 Oct 1720 in Tiverton, RI, Elizabeth POTTER of Dartmouth.
3. Daniel (15 June 1662 Portsmouth, RI - about 1732 Dartmouth, MA) on 18 Apr 1693 married Sarah JENNEY (21 May 1672 Dartmouth c 1738), dau of John, son of Samuel, son of John JENNEY, the immigrant. Daniel's will of Sep 1727 mentioned wife Sarah and sons Moses; Ebenezer; Seth; James; Israel; and dau's Isabel; Rachel; and Ruth. All except Moses were mentioned in Sarah's will of 15 June 1733. Order of birth was James; Isabel; Elizabeth; Moses; Ebenezer; Daniel; Rachel; Ruth; Seth; and Israel. Israel was a minor in 1732, and his mother was appointed his guardian.
4. Mary (11 Dec 1664 -______) married Lot STRANGE
5. Peleg (8 Oct 1666 - 1755 Portsmouth, RI) married on 16 Mar 1697 Alice FISH (15 Sep 1671 Portsmouth - ), dau of Thomas and Grissel (STRANGE) FISH. He was a farmer in Portsmouth whose children includedl Thomas; Richard; Elizabeth; Peleg; Grissel; Caleb; George; Salisbury; and Preserved.
6, Ann (30 Apr 1668 -
7. Elizabeth (25 Nov 1670 -
B. Samuel (15 Oct 1672 - ) married Sarah PIERCE, dau of John and Mary (TALLMAN) PIERCE. They lived in Swansea and children included Phebe; Peleg; Samuel; Rachel; Joseph; Gathsheba; and Isabel.
9. Eber (20 Oct 1674 - 1747 Swansea, MA) married Honor BROWN and farmed in Swansea. Children included Hannah; Elizabeth; Robert; Elisha; John; Ruth; Levi; and Peleg.
10. John (28 Oct 1676 -
11. Benjamin (15 July 1677 _____) married (1) Hannah READ, dau. of John and Hannah (_____) READ, and they had children: John; Benjamin; Joseph; Oliver; and Thomas. He married (2) on 18 Feb Martha COOK.
12. Sarah (25 Jan 1679 - ) married Joseph CHASE
13. Isabel (3 June 1683 -
14. George (18 Dec 1687 -_____) married Isabel SHERMAN.
Shearman lineage is Peleg and Elizabeth (Lawton) of RI and MA; Phillip and Sarah (Odding) of England, MA, and RI; Samuel and Phillipa (Ward) of Dedham, Essex; Henry and Susan (Lawrance) of Dedham; Henry and Agnes (Butter) of Yaxley, Suffolk; Thomas and Jane (Waller) of Norfolk and Suffolk; John and Agnes (Fuller) of Suffolk; Thomas and Agnes (_____) of Suffolk;
Lawton lineage is Elizabeth and Peleg Shearman; Thomas and probably Elizabeth (Salsburie) of Bedfordshire, England and RI; George and Isabel (Smith) Lawton of Bedfordshire, England;
p 669, Torrey, New England Marriages Prior to 1700.
P 161, James N. ArnoId , Vol. 4, Vital records of Rhode Island: Little Compton.
P 15·, Thomas T. Sherman, Sherman Genealogy, 1920.
PP 148- 292 , Roy V. Sherman, Some Descendants of Philip Sherman, 1968.
PT) 40, 43, Clark, Tufts, & Gurney, The Jenney Book, 1988.
Rev. David Sherman, "The Sherman Family, pp 226-232, 245-253, Vol. II, The Narragansett Historical Register.
John Sherman, Vol. 3: 2016/2017, Sherman Directory.
Elva Lawton, The Descendants of Thomas Lawton of Portsmouth, Rhode Island.
Above information from Granville Hough of California. Address upon request.
Last revision, Tuesday, October 01, 2013